Nattarat is a Partner in the Corporate & Commercial Practice of R&T Asia (Thailand) Limited. Nattarat graduated with a Bachelor of Law from Thammasat University in 1995 and Master of Law from Washington College of Law, American University, in 2001. Nattarat is a licensed Thai lawyer.
Nattarat is fluent in Thai and English.
Nattarat has more than 19 years of experience specialising in foreign direct investment and general corporate commercial matters for foreign companies in Thailand and businesses wishing to invest in Thailand.
His experience includes representing clients in the automotive, hospitality and financial services sector, as well as industrial manufacturing, chemical, electronic, food and beverage, agriculture products and construction businesses. Nattarat also has substantial experience in contacting and liaising with government authorities and working with litigation lawyers in civil and commercial matters.
Some of his notable cases & transactions are:
- Advising on structuring and negotiating international transactions as well as obtaining Board of Investment promotion and foreign business licenses for foreign companies doing business in Thailand.
- Preparing, negotiating and implementing numerous projects in the region, including property acquisitions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Conducting a legal due diligence and providing legal advice for the acquisition of the nutrition department of one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in Thailand including preparing related transactional documents.
- Liaising with various Thai administrative agencies, including the Ministry of Commerce, the Land Department, the Board of Investment, the Immigration Bureau, the Labour Department, One Stop Service, the Revenue Department, the Industrial Estate Authority, and the Customs Department.
- Advising on the restrictions on foreign business participation in Thailand, employment and tax matters, work permit and visa issues, all with specific reference to foreign direct investment into Thailand.
- Advising on corporate and joint venture structures for clients in various manufacturing businesses (e.g., manufacturers of automotive parts and tyres, hand dryers and hot water machines, washing machines, chemicals for textiles, and compressors).
- Conducting a legal due diligence and providing legal advice relating to property acquisitions (freehold and leasehold).
- Representing an Italian listed company in acquiring shares and businesses of food and beverage companies in Thailand and other countries in the South East Asia.
- Advising on laws and regulations related to the operation of hotel business, condominium, and service apartment.
- Representing a German chemical company to acquire the entire shares in a Thai chemical manufacturing company.
- Representing a US company to acquire the entire shares in a Thai plastic container manufacturing company.
- Advising in relation to the establishment of a brewery in Bangkok area.Representing a New Zealand engineering consulting company listed in New Zealand to acquire an entire business of a Thai engineering consulting company.
- Representing an investor in acquiring 49% of a company operating a digital TV channel, from its Thai listed owner.
- Representation of an international beverages company in its acquisition of a regional coffee conglomerate.
- Representation of a Thai listed company, and its subsidiary, in its acquisition of a well-known Thai chain of cafes and fashion stores.
- Representation of a Korean investor in acquisiring a solar power company.
- Representing a Singapore investor to enter into the Joint Venture Agreement with a Thai partner to operate solar roof top business in Thailand.
- Representing a Thai listed company to invest in Myanmar for operating a chain shabu restaurant in Myanmar.
- Assisting a Thai bakery/food company with its parents in Singapore in a joint venture arrangement with a listed company in Thailand.
Memberships / Directorships
- Extraordinary Member of Thai Bar Association
- Member of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club
- Director of Rajah & Tann (Thailand) Ltd.
- Director of Chulalongkorn University Demonstration School Alumni Association